Data & Analytics in Focus: How are FSIs using modern data platforms to derive insights, understand user behaviour and tackle compliance?
Sponsored by HCL
Tuesday 9 November 2021, 18:00
Searcys at The Gherkin, 30 St Mary Axe, London, EC3A 8EP
The tidal wave of digital financial services driven by the pandemic has put data and analytics squarely at the centre of growth strategies for FSIs. But as customers demand ever-more personalised and efficient products and services many firms are struggling to keep up, with vital data stuck in silos and legacy systems making it a near impossible challenge to draw out key insights.
And as agile competitors complete their cloud transformation, more traditional players risk missing out on the benefits of Big Data, analytics and AI-driven processes. In addition, many are having to focus their efforts on trying to navigate an increasingly complex data landscape and adhere to data governance, regulatory and compliance requirements.
As a result, many FSIs are turning towards end-to-end data platforms, which use AI, machine learning and automation to consolidate data and unlock the potential of data assets to drive efficiencies and create value .This roundtable with senior industry peers will explore the key challenges and opportunities for FSIs as they explore the potential of modern data and analytics platforms to fuel transformation.
Topics for discussion
- How have technology investment strategies changed in the last two years and how much of a focus is there on data as part of longer-term business strategy?
- How has the role of data changed in the age of digital financial services and what impact are KYC, Open Banking and other regulatory compliance challenges having on operations?
- How has the shift to the cloud affected data management for FSIs, and has the pandemic changed the pace of cloud adoption?
- What are the best strategies and capabilities to manage siloed data and improve data quality as FSIs move from legacy systems to modern data platforms?
- How are FSIs using new technologies to tackle compliance and regulatory challenges such as information governance, financial crime, GDPR and Brexit?
- How are FSIs leveraging AI and ML to adopt more predictive ways of working and create more personalised services?
- How are FSIs addressing the organisational challenges around people and process change as they adopt a modern data strategy?
Timings for the evening:
18:00 – 18:30 Welcome and refreshments
18:30 – 20:00 Introduction to fellow guests and roundtable discussion
20:00 – onwards Complimentary three-course dinner and drinks
Brought to you by FStech